B. V. Bhoomaraddi College of Engineering & Technology, Hubli started in the year 1947, in the year when Our Nation, INDIA also got independence. It initially started as a Polytechnic in Gadag, a town near to Hubli and was later shifted to Hubli in 1948. In 1950 it raised to the status of a degree College. In the beginning, only Civil Engineering undergraduate course existed and now there are eleven undergraduate and six post graduate programs running including research programs in four departments.
Till 1991, BVB alumni did not have a forum to come together, though 1983 and 1984 batch alumni had formed their groups and were interacting independently. During the year 1991, when Prof. V. S. Dhotrad was the Principal, Alumni Association came to existence with only about 39 members. No major activities could be done until 2001.
The Alumni Association, has been active since January, 2001 after Prof. Ashok S. Shettar has taken charge as Principal and has been instrumental in organizing the First Alumni meet on the 4th February, 2001 in the college Gymkhana Hall. Soon Smt. Sudha Murty, alumnus of 1972 E&E branch, of Infosys Foundation also accepted to be the Hon. President of the Association.
Then came, the moment of providing an opportunity for all the alumni to reunite during the Meet annually. The association also started felicitating the retired teachers of the Institute and honoring the University rank holders. From the year 2004-05, the Association also has set aside Rs.25,000=00 to assist the financially weak students based recommendations of the Principal.