AI and Data Analytics: The school of computer science and Engineering has a well-established laboratory and a team of researchers working in the area of Deep Learning, 3D reconstruction, video processing, vision applications, and distributed computing.
Ongoing focused research areas are data analysis (modeling, predictive analysis, pattern recognition) to extract knowledge and insights for applications in the areas of innovative education Assessment (CEER), IHDS (Indian Heritage in Digital Space), Smart campus (Security and surveillance) and smart city, enhancing the performance of distributed computing systems.
The research group also has grants from DST-sanctioned projects (Details shown below) in Indian Heritage in Digital Space and Underwater IP and 3D reconstruction.
- Title: Crowdsourcing Framework for Digital Archiving and Presentation of Cultural Heritage
Sponsoring Agency: IHDS, DST, GoI
Amount Sanctioned: 41.34 Lakhs
- Title: 3D Reconstruction and Visualization of Underwater Archaeological Site Poompuhar
Sponsoring Agency: DST, GoI
Amount Sanctioned: 62.66 Lakhs
Focused research themes:
- Image and Video analytics.
- 3D Data Representation and Analysis, Object Categorization, Super Resolution, Hole Filling, and Inpainting.
- Development of a framework for filtering and categorization of crowd-sourced data to provide 2D and 3D data processing methods/algorithms for the presentation of the crowd-sourced data: Categorization, Filtering, Super-Resolution, Object detection.
- Optimization of AI algorithms for OnDevice.
- Enhancing the performance of distributed computing using sharding techniques.